JSF et Innovation for Change lance un appel à candidatures pour le recrutement d'un Coordinateur régional pour le MENA Hub basé à Tunis.
Les candidatures sont ouvertes à partir du 14 mars 2016 au 27 mars 2016 et doivent être conformes aux conditions prévus dans le terme de références.
Innovation for Change- MENA Hub Regional Coordinator
Terms of Reference
Who are we looking for?
A passionate advocate for civil society, human rights, innovation and technology and for finding solutions to civic space issues across the Middle East/North Africa
- A dynamic leader with experience in building networks and partnerships across the MENA region and across different sectors from NGO to tech, social movements to social enterprise
- A proven project manager who can lead and be part of a dynamic, diverse and dispersed team that can deliver social change
- An inspiring, energetic leader from a civil society, campaigning, legal, technology or start-up background
About Innovation for Change – innovationforchange.net
Innovation for Change (I4C) is a global network of people and organizations who want to connect, partner and learn together to defend and strengthen civic space and overcome restrictions to our basic freedoms of assembly, association and speech.
We are a community-led network inspired by ideas, methods, and technologies from across different sectors. We work together on advocacy, research, network building, education and training, fundraising, digital literacy and technology development.
Our seven connected regional hubs are growing in both physical and online spaces across Africa, Central Asia, East Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa and South Asia. Here, people exchange ideas and share their successes, challenges and opportunities in incubating social change and building sustainable solutions.
Innovation for Change MENA Hub
A decentralized hub based in Tunisia, Morocco and Jordan, the MENA Hub is a vital new physical and online space for regional ideas and social innovations, powered by its dynamic, growing community of civic space advocates from Civil Society Organizations, technologists and cross-sectoral partners.
The Hub is working to strengthen the capacity of civil society and through home-grown solutions as well as being part of a global network that offers network members access to the latest thinking, resources and collaborations.
Strategy and governance
- Work with the new board to deliver the 2018 programme and contribute to the refinement and reformulation of planned outputs and activities, where necessary
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the activities and expenditures of the Hub and its requirements
- Work with the I4C Helper Hub team including Programme Officers, Technology, Communications and Advocacy experts who will provide support to the MENA Hub and network
- Coordinate the work among the three MENA incubators and ensure timely and consistent communication with the Innovation for Change (I4C) Point of Contacts on the progress of hub development.
MENA network growth
- Identify and manage partnerships with like-minded organizations for cooperation and support to the Hub.
- Manage Communications Officer in developing and deliver a Communications and outreach Strategy that grows online and offline membership
- Ensure the implementation of the Hub’s mandate, with responsibility for the overall design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of all programs undertaken by the Hub
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the Hub
- Supervise the financial management of the Hub, including financial planning, budget monitoring, procurement and financial and grant reporting
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the Hub, including human resources, including recruitment, inductions, staff performance, salary planning, staff benefits, staff development and training
- Overseeing the setup and upkeep of the Hub database and producing monthly reports from the database. Ensure the registration, compilation of information and other data concerning all service seekers and users.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline (e.g., social sciences, law, politics, economics human rights, and development).
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in running and implementing projects.
- Knowledge of the socio-economic and political dynamics in the MENA region.
- Skills and abilities in leadership and management principles, human resources management, financial management, and project management.
- High communications skills, verbal and written, and networking skills.
- Well-developed editorial and digital literacy, including familiarity with Google Drive, Slack, blogging platforms, and social media.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the architecture of human rights organizations in the MENA region.
- Fluency in English, French and Arabic.
- Demonstrated experience in working on use of new technologies to advance human rights work, civil society space and innovative approaches;
- Proven track record in workshop facilitation, team and partnership building with stakeholders;
Reports to: MENA Hub Board
Supported by: Global Programme Officers- I4C
Duty station: Youth Without Borders Office, Tunis - Tunisia
Duration: The contract will be for an initial period of 3 months, renewable up to one year upon satisfactory performance.
Remuneration: Competitive remuneration will be offered taking into account the qualifications and experience of the candidate. Travel expenses (flight ticket, accommodation, per diem) will be covered by Youth Without Boarders for any necessary travel.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after your application, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Innovation for Change is supported by a partnership between the Innovation for Change hubs, the global civil society alliance CIVICUS and Counterpart International.
For more about CIVICUS go to www.civicus.org, and for Counterpart International www.counterpart,org.